A health care provider is usually a first point of entry for an individual into the health system. Each PCP has a unique method of caring for his or her own patient. You must know that a primary health care provider can be a doctor, nursing practitioner or physician assistant.
Why must you have a Primary Health Care Provider?
- So your health can be checked regularly to notice any problems early.
- They help you make smart choices to stay healthy
- The person can always talk to you about health risks following your decisions on smoking, alcohol, sex, sun, pollution and nutrition
Things to consider before getting a PCP
- You must feel comfortable with the person. Currently, I counsel young ladies on their health, and I am sometimes awed at the things some of these ladies tell me. They would never have told me if they were not comfortable with me.
- The person has to understand your language, so she/he can explain things clearly to you.
- Where does he/she work
- Does the health care provider live around your place
- Is there a fee attached to the provision
- Does the provider give advice over the phone, mail or physically
- How available is the person
All of these tips will help you decide who and how to choose your health provider.
What then is the role of the healthcare provider
- Encourage a healthy lifestyle choices
- Provide preventive care
- Identify and manage medical conditions
Factors that influence your choice or that you may take note of:
- Communication skills or level
- Focus of the provider
- Billing modes
I hope this will help you decide who your health care provider should be.
You can leave a comment below or any questions you’ll like to ask concerning getting a Primary Health Care Provider. Don’t also forget to subscribe to this blog to not miss a single a post