This is a phrase you’ve probably heard a thousand times: let go and let God.
Release all your struggles to God and let him bear your burdens on your behalf.
There are times when it really is appropriate to let go and let God handle everything .
Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.Matthew 6:34
Humans are bound to be tempted to worry about future events, such as: Will I be able to pass my exams? Will my family be healthy? Will I be able to cope in this situation? What decision will I make? How do I go about this? And other what, why and how questions.
The reality is, you can control very few of these things but another important reality is “The universe is wildly out of your control.”Click to tweet
It’s why Jesus said in Matthew 6:27,
And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?
Worrying about the future does absolutely nothing for you. It rather brings more pain and leads to health issues. It doesn’t change anything, doesn’t add a single minute to my life, doesn’t solve any problems. It’s an absolute waste of time.
The time used in worrying can be used to prayerfully think of a way out or possible solution. Cast all your cares upon the Lord because he cares for you.
Let God know you don’t have the power to control your life. In light of this, let go of the illusion of control, give up on trying to figure everything out and instead trust God with all your heart.Click to tweet
Learning to let go and let God have His way in our lives is the best thing we can do for ourselves.
Ways to Practice Letting Go and Letting God:
- Acknowledge Your Need for God’s help. Be sincere with yourself that you need God to help you let His will be done. Acknowledge your helplessness and accept God’s help.
- Be willing to make doing God’s will for you a priority.
- Abide in Christ. Struggle less. You don’t have to struggle to make your life turn out a certain way; you just have to abide in God.
- Trust in God. This is a choice that must be made every day. We have to learn to let go of trying to figure out the “whys” of life and trust that God understands more than we ever could.
- Seek God and he will direct your steps. Jeremiah 29:13 says
You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.Jeremiah 29:13
When you’re in the midst of overwhelming, challenging circumstances… Let go and let God.
When you’re struggling with a certain sin, let go and let God.
When things seem out of control, let go and let God.
When you’re tired and can’t seem to carry on, let go and let God.
When you have tried all humanly possible and it’s not working, let go and let God.
When it seems like the whole world is crashing on you, let go and let God.Click to tweet
I hope you got something from this. Do leave a comment below and don’t forget to subscribe to this blog to not miss a post.