Definition of keywords:
Real: Actually being or existing; not fictitious or imaginary. A description of real life; a confirmation of truth; genuine, not fake.
Just: used as an adverb in this context means only, simply, merely.
Friend: A person other than a family member whose company one enjoys and towards whom one feels affection. An associate who provides assistance. A person with whom one is vaguely or indirectly acquainted. A person who backs or supports something.
Putting the definitions together, Real friends are people who genuinely stand by and support a person while Just friends are people who are identified as friends with no string attached.
Just friends do not necessarily mean fake friends, it simply explains that they play no important role.
Characteristics of Real friends and Just friends
- Just friends may be seen together with you but have no particular role they play in your life while real friends have something in common together with you. Real friends add value to your life.
- Just friends are not so concerned about how you are fairing but Real friends are constantly on a look out for you and check up on you regularly.
- You seldom have sincere chats with Just friends but you mostly have a sincere heart to heart chats with real friends
- Real friends are trustworthy and love you beautifully, not minding your weakness which Just friends might not offer.
- Real friends see to your growth in all aspects (academics, intellectual, financial, social and other important areas of life but Just friends are not really concerned if you are growing or not.
- Just friends are occasionally used as camouflage while real friends, even behind the scene, play a major role.
- Real friends do not deceive, they bring out the best in you
Jesus is one real friend. It is so sweet to enjoy the beautiful love of His friendship. You can also have Real friends around you. Observe those you call friends and see if they are Real or Just.
Do leave a comment below and don’t forget to subscribe to this blog to not miss a post.